The Co-operative Societies Unit’s (CSU) function is to facilitate and support the growth of the Co-operative Societies Movement in the country targeted at harnessing real development amongst the rural population.
Main functions of this Division are as follows:
- To co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the policies, strategies and programs for the Cooperative Societies;
- To undertake studies and Research regarding development of Cooperatives;
- To liaise with relevant stakeholders and agencies internally and externally in regards to implementation of policies, strategies and programs for cooperatives;
- To register and incorporate cooperative societies;
- To develop and run training programs for cooperatives;
- To regulate the operations of cooperatives in accordance with the Cooperative Societies Act (1985) and regulations.