Capacity Building for SMEs
- Component 3 comes under the Project Financing Agreement and this consists of 4 sub-components:
- SME Management and Financial Skills Training
- SME Mentoring and Coaching
- SME Training for Entrepreneurs incl. tailored training for women
- Support training for provincial government commerce staff
- The total funding estimate earmarked for the component is US$5.03 m and financed by IDA/Gov-PNG.
- Dept. of Trade, Commerce & Industry directly implements component 3 through outsourcing of trainings to external SME training experts.
- The direct Beneficiaries are Provincial Commerce Officers, Women In Business and the SMEs in general.
- Technical Experts were engaged to provide business-related trainings for the Entrepreneurs across 15 provinces as shown below.