Support to Dept of Trade, Commerce & Industry and the Project Implementation Unit
- Component 4 comes under the Financing Agreement and covers the following activities –
- Support SME Strategy and Policy Development
- General Capacity Building for the Department
- Do Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Undertake Procurement Activities Successfully.
- Funding estimate earmarked for the Component is US$7.27m of which US$3.48 is financed by IDA and Gov-PNG counter-fund the balance.
- SME Policy was developed already and other activities are ongoing
- First SME Baseline Survey was undertaken in 2012 at the cost of K1.5m
- Second SME Baseline survey currently in the process of implementation and will cost K2m
- First BSP Beneficiary Survey was carried out 2015 at the cost of K1.5m
- M&E Consultant for the Second Impact Survey is completed
- The Second M&E Loan Impact survey is currently underway and the estimated cost will at K1.5m
- Recruitment of Credit Guarantee Facility International and local Consultant is in progress
- Recruitment of Agriculture Financing Consultant is also currently underway
- Capacity building Training and IT equipment purchased and delivered to All 22 provincial Commerce Offices.